Every Friday night, my husband and I have a make-your-own-pizza night. It has become our tradition since we moved in together 4 years ago and we always have so much fun. We were looking for a way to switch things up with our sauce or toppings and I decided to make a white sauce that’s inspired by Round Table Pizza‘s Creamy Garlic Sauce. (It’s delicious if you have never had it before.)
I have been making this sauce for a while now, but I finally remembered to actually write down the ingredients I use so that I can type it all here. Typically, I just kinda add things in to taste.
If you are also in need of a dough recipe for your own pizza night, I suggest my Rosemary and Herb Pizza Dough.
For a red sauce, check out my Zesty Red Sauce.
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon Parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1. In a Medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt the butter with minced garlic. Cook the garlic for about 2 minutes.
2. Whisk the flour into the butter and garlic. Allow the mixture to thicken. Quickly whisk in the black pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
3. Add in the cream cheese and allow it to incorporate in to the mixture. Stir Continuously.
4. Very gradually pour in the milk. You want to do this very slowly because of the temperature difference between the milk and the mixture on the stove. Continue to whisk.
5. Remove sauce from heat and stir in both of the cheeses. This will thicken up the sauce nicely.
6. This sauce can be used while warm, but if you are saving it for later (or have leftovers) store it in the fridge in an air-tight container. If needed, warm it up before using again.
Make our own pizza night was long a favorite of our family as well when our kids were still at home.
LikeLiked by 1 person