I love making pizza from scratch. It tastes great and is fun to make, especially as a family. When I was younger I found a pizza dough recipe at a book in the library that was pretty good, we started making pizza every night (usually from the Bisquick) but eventually we branched out. This recipe is a twist on the normal traditional pizza dough that we use.
A while back I bought these personal sized pizza pans. I finally remembered to use them to make this pizza. This dough made four 8-inch pizzas, but that of course depends on how much you stretch the dough and if you prefer thick or thin crust. Either way this is perfect for a family pizza making night! grab your toppings and get in the kitchen!
Rosemary and Herb Pizza Dough
- 2 1/2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Package Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 1 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1.Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in the sugar. Let sit for 10 minutes. The mixture should start to foam.
2. Stir in the olive oil, rosemary, herbs, and salt. If you want extra flavorful dough, you can always use fresh herbs instead. Add in half the flour. Once combined, stir in the rest of the flour.
3. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes. This can be done by hand, or I let my stand mixer do the work for me using the dough hook attachment. The dough will be smooth and elasticity. It should not be sticky to the touch.
4. Lightly coat a large clean bowl and the dough with olive oil. Cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. The dough will double in size, so make sure your bowl is large enough!
5. While the dough finishes rising, preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
6. Divide the dough into fourths. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface, or stretch the dough with your hands into a circle shape. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Place on the olive oiled pan.
7. Cover with sauce and your desired pizza toppings.
8. Bake for 12-20 minutes in the oven at 425 degrees or until the dough is golden brown on the bottom and sides.