Who doesn’t love a pizza night?
If you have never made pizza from scratch, let me just tell you now, it’s honestly so much fun. We often use my Rosemary and Herb Pizza Dough recipe. We have such a good time, or at least I do, switching up our dough recipe from time to time and trying new techniques for cooking our pizzas. We have tried a variety of different toppings, but we often use the same couple sauce recipes. Last week I decided it was about time I took a minute to write them down for you.
If you’re looking for another sauce option, try my White Pizza Sauce for a creamy garlic option.
This recipe Zesty Red Pizza Sauce tastes similar to Round Table Pizza‘s red sauce. For this recipe I opted to use canned sauce (we haven’t grown any new tomatoes yet) and normally I would use fresh Basil and Oregano, but dried is good too and its still super tasty and easy to make!
Zesty Red Pizza Sauce
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Basil
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the tomato sauce and paste. Once smooth, stir in all of the spices and sugar.
- Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. Sauce will thicken up a bit as water is cooked out.
3. This sauce can be used while warm, but if you are saving for later, once it has cooled, transfer to an air tight container and store in the refrigerator.