Yields About 3 Dozen
- 2½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1-Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1-Teaspoon Salt
- 1-Cup (2 Sticks) Butter, Softened
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1½-Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups (12 Ounce Package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flower, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Set aside
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for two minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.