Makes about 65 bite sized cookies
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ ice cube
- 2-½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2/3 cup
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
Prep: To Toast Pecans: Spread chopped pecans on a cookie sheet, bake in the oven 5-10 minutes at 325. Check occasionally to make sure they do not burn.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, gently stirring constantly, until color turn to a golden brown and butter smells nutty. Remove saucepan from heat and continue stirring until butter is a rich brown. Transfer the butter to a small bowl. Whisk in ice cube. Allow butter to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together sugar, dark brown sugar, and egg. Add cooled, melted butter and vanilla, whisk until combined.
- Gradually add in flour mixture.
- Add bourbon and stir until liquid is absorbed. Stir in pecans. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Bake 16-19 minutes or until golden on the bottom but still soft to the touch.
- Allow cookies to cool on wire cooling rack. (Cookies will continue to harden as they cool.)