Yields 5 dozen
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 (12 oz. Package) Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/2 Cups Chopped Walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, all spice, and nutmeg. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugar and packed brown sugar. Once combined, add in eggs one at a time. Mix well after each egg is added. Mix in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
3. Gradually add in dry ingredients. Once combined, stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
4. Drop by round spoonfuls on to a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake in the oven for 14-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet and let cool on wire rack.