I am always looking to try out new scone recipes and this is my most recent! Based off of a similar base recipe as my Chocolate Pecan Scones, Lemon Scones, and Orange Cranberry Scones. These Apple Cinnamon Scones have lots of cinnamon flavor and big pieces of apple throughout. Perfect for fall or anytime of year really!
These are really easy to make and they don’t take very long to throw together. No chilling the dough or waiting around required. In under 30 minutes you can have your own delicious and freshly baked scones straight from the oven.
Apple Cinnamon Scones
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Cold)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Egg
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Apple
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar ( For Tops)
1.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the dry ingredients: the salt, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and flour.
3. Once combined, add the butter. For this recipe, the butter should be cold and right from the fridge. You will need to cut the butter up into smaller pieces and slowly add them the dry ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg, vanilla, and heavy cream together. Gradually pour this mixture into the dry ingredients, while mixing on low-speed. Once that has been combined, you can stir in the chopped apple pieces.
5. Divide the dough into two sections. Shape each section into a 3/4 inch thick circle shape on a lightly floured surface.
6. Cut each circle into pieces. I can usually get between 6- 8 scones from each circle depending on how large I cut them. These scones, wont spread out when you bake them, but they will puff up so they don’t need to be too big.
7. Press the tops of the scones into the remaining granulated sugar. Place the scones on the parchment paper about 1 inch apart. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Allow scones to cool on a wire cooling rack.