It is almost Super Bowl Sunday which to me is mostly about the commercials and most importantly the snack. I have quite the line up this year! I made several types of snack mix. This is one of them. The smokey flavor goes so well with whiskey or bourbon, I had to combine them. Try it for yourself!
Smokey Whiskey Snack Mix
- 2 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 Cups Pretzels
- 1 Cup Bread Stick Pieces
- 1/2 Cup Raw Almonds
- 3 Tablespoons Whiskey
- 3 Tablespoons Butter (Melted)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Cup Peanuts
- Salt to Taste
1.Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a 8×8 pan, melt butter. You can do this while the oven is preheating. Pour in the liquid ingredients: the liquid smoke and the whiskey. Although 1/4 teaspoon does not seem like very much of the liquid smoke, I promise it is the perfect amount. After adding it to mine, the entire house smelled like a smokehouse. It will add plenty of flavor to your snack mix!
3. Next add the spices. Feel free to be creative here. If you want yours to be a little spicy or have a bit of a kick, make it happen! Stir the sauce together so that it is well mixed.
4. Next add the Chex cereals, the pretzels, the nuts and the bread pieces. (I used some thin breadsticks just broken up into pieces.) I like to add a little bit at a time and mix it. That way I know everything is evenly coated with the sauce. Also once every thing is added, It can be a little hard to stir without spilling everything all over.
5. Once everything is evenly coated, Bake at 250 degrees for one hour. Stir the snack mix every 15 or 20 minutes. You will know it is done because the pretzels and cereal will be crunch again. Enjoy!
Be sure to check out my other Snack Mix recipes!