In keeping with the “Champagne” theme I started, I bring you Champagne Cupcakes! They are super simple to make because it’s just a cake mix with champagne instead of water. Easy right?
I have made a champagne cake before, and it turned out well. This time around, I decided to make some mini cupcakes for a party. Here is the recipe I used if you want to try them yourself! They would make be a good addition to any Oscar or New Years Eve party as well!
So pour yourself a glass of bubbly and let’s get baking!
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Champagne/Sparkling Wine
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Container Vanilla Frosting
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Champagne/Sparkling Wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini (or regular sized) muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Beat the ingredients together, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally depending on your mixer. Should beat the ingredients for about 3-4 minutes and there should not be any lumps.
3. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners. Usually I do about 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons per cupcake paper which is about 3/4 of the way full.
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
6. Once completely cooled, you can begin to frost them. For my frosting, I like to take a can of store-bought frosting, add about 3 tablespoons champagne and about 1/4 cup powdered sugar. That way you get a little bit of that champagne taste in the frosting as well.
See? This recipe is a piece of cake!