If you are just finding my website, you will soon learn that I love to make margarita flavored recipes. This is one of them. While usually my alcoholic recipes are for desserts, this one is for snacking on. It still has a sweet taste but tastes just like a margarita.
Tequila, Lime, & Salt… always better together!
Margarita Snack Mix
- 2 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 Cups Pretzels
- 1 Cup Breadstick Pieces
- 1/4 Cup Tequila
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 4 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Green Food Coloring (Optional)
1.Preheat your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In an 8x8in pan, mix the tequila, lime juice and sugar. Stir the sauce to make sure it is well mixed. The sugar won’t be dissolved, that okay! If you want to add food coloring, stir that in too.
3. Next add the Chex cereals, the pretzels, and the bread pieces. (I used some thin breadsticks just broken up into pieces.) I added about half of each and then stirred it. The pan will end up pretty full. It is easier to stir as you gradually add things, that way you can make sure that it is all coated. Sprinkle with salt. How much you add is really up to your preferences. Also using sea salt is even better if you had it. Since it is slightly bigger it makes much more margarita-ish, like the salt that’s used on the rim of a glass!
4. Once everything is evenly coated, Bake at 250 degrees for one hour. Stir the snack mix every 15 or 20 minutes. This snack mix is a little different from the other ones I have made, most of it will be crunchy once it is done, but some might not be. Also the sugar will make this snack mix a little sticky.
5. Store in an air tight container until you are ready to start snacking! Enjoy!
Be sure to check out my other Snack Mix recipes!