My birthday is in January. Every year I always make Funfetti Vanilla Cake. I love it and I always have. I thought why not create something similar in a cookie? These cookies are perfect for celebrating any occasion! The sprinkles will make them perfect for any color theme! They almost taste like the vanilla cake. These cookie are not thick and fluffy, but are just as delicious crispy.
Birthday Celebration Cookies
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Package Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: the flour, pudding mix, baking power, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each one. Add vanilla extract.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Mix well. Once combined, add the sprinkles. you will want to use the thicker sprinkles, not the tiny, hard round ones or sanding sugar, those ones will bleed and they cookie dough will be a weird color. (I’ve made that mistake, it still tastes good, but it does not look pretty!)
5. Stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly distributed. No one likes a chocolate chip cookie without any chocolate chips!
6. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop the cookie dough in 1 inch balled scoops on to a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let sit on the tray for 1-2 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.