These cookies are great for any occasion. Since they are made from a cake mix, you only need a couple of ingredients and they come out looking so cute with minimal effort! I have made these for Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day, and Valentine’s Day and they are always a favorite! Of course, you can always skip the food coloring! (As you can see from some of my pictures I did!)
What I really love about these is the flavor, they have a great cake taste to them but in the easiness of a cookie. The added vanilla extract gives them a little extra flavor thats just perfect. I really like that these cookies say soft and moist through out just like a cake!
Easy Crinkle Cookies
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Food Coloring (Optional)
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake mix, eggs, vanilla extract, and oil until smooth and dough has formed.
2. Add desired food coloring. You can divide the dough into multiple bowls and dye them different colors. The dough will be a little thick so its easiest to just fold the color into the dough until colored.
3. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator.
4. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment if you would like, it makes clean up super easy! I got some silicone baking mats for Christmas this past year and I must say I don’t think I’ll ever not use them again!
5. Pour the powdered sugar into a small bowl. Shape the dough into 1 inch sized balls (about a tablespoons worth of dough) and roll it in the powdered sugar.
6. Place cookie balls 1-2 inches apart on your mat or cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are golden brown the cookie have “cracked.”
8. Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack. Store in an air tight container.