Happy Halloween! Well I saved the best for last because this is one of my favorites! Rice Crispy Treats are so easy to make and are so easy to make look cute!
I love making rice crispy treats because they really are so much better than the store-bought ones and only need a few ingredients! I am so happy with how these turned out and i can’t wait to see how I can make them for other holidays in the future! Give them a try! Super cute for any Halloween party!
Candy Corn Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 3 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Yellow Food Coloring
- 3 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 2 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- Orange Food Coloring
- 2 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 Cups Mini Marshmallows
- 1 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
1 .Line a large cake pan with parchment on the bottom and grease the edges. You can either use one large cake pan or two 8-inch pans.
2. Measure out the rice crispy cereal into three separate bowls. One for each layer.
3. Starting with the yellow layer, in a large saucepan, melt the 4 cups of marshmallows and 3 tablespoons butter. Keep over medium heat until melted and smooth. Once the marshmallows have melted stir in the yellow food coloring until desired color, it might take a few drops.
4. Pour melted marshmallows over the bowl with 4 cups of rice crispy cereal. Stir until cereal is coated.
5. Pour into the cake pan (or divide into the two cake pans) shape the rice crispies until the yellow layer is packed tight around the edge of the pan.
6. Repeat steps to form the orange layer using the orange layer ingredients. Make sure once you shape it in the cake pan there is still enough room in the center for the white layer.
7. Lastly make the white layer with the ingredients that are left. Once the white layer has been coated fill in the rest of the cake pan so that is tightly packed.
8. Allow the rice crispy treats to cool before removing from the pan.
9. Once cooled, cut into triangles to make the candy corn shape.
10. Store in an air tight container.
*I also made these cute little pumpkins ones just by adding a little food coloring and shaping them!