It’s no secret that I love Chex mix. I have done Margarita Snack Mix, Party Snack Mix, Smokey Whiskey Snack Mix, and a Sweet & Spicy Snack Mix. I just knew I needed to make a special snack mix recipe for fall, I went with sweet this time instead of spicy. Drizzled with white chocolate and filled with yummy spices it’s the perfect thing to snack on this autumn! The candy corn is a fun touch to add or you can substitute any bite sized candy you like!
If you like this snack mix, be sure to check out the other ones I have made!
Autumn Snack Mix
- 4 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 4 Cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 2 Cups Pretzels
- 2 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 1 Cup Candy Corn
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 3 Teaspoons Vegetable Shortening
1 .Preheat your oven to 250 Degrees. While the oven is preheating, melt butter in a 9×13 pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the pretzels, Chex cereals.
3. Once the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven. Stir in the sugar and spices until mixed. At this point, you can really go by your personal taste if you feel like adding anything else!
4. Gradually add in the cereal mixture to the pan and stir so that everything is evenly coated. I would suggest adding it 1/3 at a time. Once everything has been added it will be difficult to stir.
5. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Every 15 or 20 minutes, remove from the oven and stir so that it all dries evenly.
6. Once the Chex mix has cooled, stir in the popcorn and candy corn.
7. Line a baking sheet (or your counter) with parchment paper and spread out the snack mix on top.
8. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening together. Stir every 30 seconds until it has melted completely and is smooth. Drizzle the chocolate over the snack mix.
9. Allow to cool before serving and store in an airtight container.