These cookies are without a doubt my favorite I have made. I used to beg my mom to make the non-alcoholic traditional Peanut Butter Temptations ( you know the ones… peanut butter cookies with a peanut butter cup in the middle- YUM). While trying to decide what to make next one day I thought about those delicious cookies and realized I could easily make an alcoholic version. Here is that version. I must say it does give the original a run for its money!
Smooth melted chocolate and peanut butter mixed with whiskey gives the peanut butter cookies their delicious center. It’s a perfect match!
Boozy Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 3 Tablespoons Whiskey
- 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/8 Cup Peanut Butter
1.Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the dry ingredients.
3. In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter, peanut butter, sugars, and vanilla. Add in the egg one. Make sure the egg is well combined. Gradually add in the dry ingredients.
4. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Press into 1 ½ inch muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and immediately press an indent into the center of each cookie again. Allow to cool in the tray for 1-2 minutes before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack.
6. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips, peanut butter and heavy cream together. Once melted and the chocolate is smooth, remove from heat and stir in the whiskey (or alcohol of your choice) until mixed.
7. Once everything is combined use a small spoon to fill each of the cookie cups. Allow to cool and the centers to harden before eating. Store in an air tight container.