These Monster Cookie Bars are full of chocolate chip and M&M’s and frosted for even more sweetness. These take your average chocolate chip cookie and kicks them up a notch to make them even better. Perfect for a party and I think they are easier to make than normal cookies because you just have to make one big cookie and cut it up. You can cut it into any size you need, bigger bars or smaller bite sized pieces!
I read somewhere that today, August 4th is National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day… so here is my way of celebrating!
Monster Cookie Bars
- 2 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Mini M&Ms
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9×13 pan (or baking sheet with an edge) with foil. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually add in the dry ingredients about 1/3 at a time. Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
4. With a wooden spoon stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms. Don’t over stir or the candy may change the color of the batter.
5. Spread the batter into the 9×13 pan. Press down until the dough reaches each side. You want it to be pretty much flat.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
7. Once the cookie has cooled, frost the cookie. You can frost all of it, drizzle the frosting across it, or you can leave off the frosting if you want. Cut the cookies into squares of your desired size. Store in an air tight container.