When I think “classy” I think champagne, and what goes with champagne?? Strawberries! The perfect summer fruit! These champagne cupcakes are topped with a pink sweet fresh strawberry frosting and a perfect strawberry! Cute, fun, and a classy dessert to celebrate with this summer!
While these are perfect for summer and spring, they also make a fun easter or valentines day dessert! For added classy-ness you could even dip the strawberry in chocolate before placing it on top! Yum!
Strawberries and Champagne Cupcakes
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cup Champagne/Sparkling Wine
- 3 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 Cup Strawberry Puree
- 1 Teaspoon merengue Powder
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 5 Cups Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini (or regular sized) muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. Beat the ingredients together, scraping the sides of the bowl occasionally depending on your mixer. Should beat the ingredients for about 3-4 minutes and there should not be any lumps.
3. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners. Usually I do about 1- 1 1/2 tablespoons per cupcake paper which is about 3/4 of the way full.
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean.5. Allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.
6. Once completely cooled, you can begin to frost them. For my frosting, combine the strawberry puree, merengue powder, powdered sugar, and shortening in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until combined. Add more powdered sugar until desired stiffness.