I have said it before and I will say it again, Cookies & Cream flavored things are my favorite. I’ve done Cupcakes, I’ve done Fudge, so now, I have to do cookies! These cookies are so good, I mean come on, it is a cookie with in a cookie! They aren’t any harder to make than a normal chocolate chip cookie, and the recipe is pretty similar!
Cookies and Cream Cookies
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Crushed Oreos
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3.4oz Vanilla Pudding Package
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2.In a bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. (i.e: flour, baking powder, salt, and dry pudding)
3. In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg. Mix well.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet. Make sure that everything is mixed together well. You may need to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl occasionally.
5. With a spatula, fold in the crushed Oreos. You don’t want to spend too much time working the Oreos in because the cookie dough will begin to change color as the cookie pieces break up. In my opinion these cookies look better when they are lighter than when they take on a greyish color.
6. Scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. I used a 1-inch sized cookie stop for mine, but you could also just drop them. No need to shape them.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven, allow to cool 2 minutes on the tray before moving to a wire cooling rack to cool the rest of the way. Once cooled, store in an air tight container.