It was sunny and warm here in California lately and I have been so ready for spring! These Lemon Cupcakes are a great “springy”dessert. They are light and full of lemon flavor. These were also the perfect mini dessert for me to make when I was asked to make food for a sorority event. (Hence, the white chocolate Alpha Phi designs!)
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 4 Eggs
- 1 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1.Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a cupcake (or mini cupcake) pan with paper liners. As you can tell from the pictures, I made mine mini! Is it just me or do mini desserts just seem so much better??
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the vanilla, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Beat in the eggs one at a time and make sure that they are really mixed in well.
3. Next comes the dry ingredients. Add the baking powder, salt, and flour. Beat the batter on medium speed for three minutes.
4. Pour the batter evenly into the cupcake papers filling each one about half way full.
5. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
6. Allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire cooling rack before frosting them or else the frosting will melt.
7. For the frosting, mix the store-bought frosting, the lemon juice, and the powdered sugar together. Once combined the frosting should be stiff and ready to use either just with a knife or using a piping bag!
*I added white chocolate decorations on the top of mine by melting some chocolate chips and piping it on to parchment paper until it had hardened.