Biscotti is so easy to make. For the holidays, I filled mason jars with the ingredients for these biscotti and gave them out as gifts! They came out so well! Almond biscotti with a slight holiday twist. The sprinkles add a nice festive pop of color for any occasion. Make sure you use the thicker ice cream sprinkles, if you use the sanding sugar kind the color will run. I made that mistake the first time and they came out a gross brown-red color (delicious, but not pretty at all!). Here is the full recipe so you can try them yourself!
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons Brandy (optional)
- 2 Teaspoons Almond Extract (or vanilla extract)
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Almonds
- 3 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/4 Cup Sprinkles
1.Cream butter and sugar with eggs in a large bowl. or the bowl of a stand mixer. Add brandy if you want and the almond extract.
2. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, spices, and salt. Gradually add dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Stir in the Chopped Almonds and sprinkles.
3. Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Divide dough into two loaves. 12×4 and 3/4 inch thick. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet. I can usually fit both loaves onto the pan.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. They will be going back in the oven so they can still be a little soft for now.
6. Allow to cool slightly so that you can cut the loaves into about 1 inch slices. If you want smaller biscotti you can always cut them in half so you get biscotti about 2 inches long. Places the slices, cut side down, on the cookie sheet.
7. Put the biscotti back in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip biscotti so that the other cut side is down and bake an additional 5-7 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks. If desired, you can later dip these or drizzle them in chocolate or white chocolate!
smells delicious when baking!!
Thanks so much for the ingredients. My youngest daughter followed the recipe over the weekend (albeit leaving the dough in the refrigerator several days). They were superb with an without dipping in coffee.