The other night, I had planned on making peanut brittle but then decided I wanted something with chocolate instead. So I found this old recipe that my grandma had written down long ago. I did need to make a few adjustments with the ingredients I had, but it’s such a simple recipe! If you don’t feel like making them on the stove, you can even make these in the microwave!
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
- 1 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 12 oz Can Spanish Peanuts
1. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. You will need to put the tray in the Freezer later, so make sure that the pan fits (and in my case, that there is actually room in the freezer).
2. In a large heavy sauce pan melt chocolate chips and peanut butter over medium heat, stirring constantly.
3. Once melted, add in the Spanish peanuts. Stir until all of the peanuts are coated in chocolate. Remove from heat.
4. Drop by about 1 tablespoon sized scoops on to wax or parchment paper.
5. Place the wax paper lined pan of clusters in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
6. Once the chocolate has hardened, you can remove from the freezer and wax paper and place them in an air tight container. These need to be kept refrigerate or else the chocolate will get soft!