If you have ever stayed at a Double Tree Hotel, you’ve probably had the cookie that inspired this post. Double Tree cookies are delicious and always warm from the oven, but what cookie isn’t even better when its warm and fresh?
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies taste just like the Double Tree hotel cookies- wait, scratch that… These cookies don’t just taste like them, but they taste even better (plus you can make them at home!)
Oatmeal Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 2 1/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Oats
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cup Walnuts (Chopped)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cream butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer.
3. Add eggs one at a time, mix well until combined. Add the vanilla.
4. Next add the baking soda, salt, and 1/2 the flour. Once combined, add the oats and remaining flour.
5. Once combined, stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Make sure that they are mixed evenly in the batter, no one likes a chocolate chip cookie who no chocolate chips!
6. Using a cookie scoop, or spoon, drop cookies on to an undressed cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. If using a spoon, try to make them rounded scoops about 1/2 tablespoons in size.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-18 minutes or until the cookies become golden brown.
8. Allow to cool on a parchment lined wire cooling rack, but I always end up eating a few while they are still warm out of the oven! Who can resist warm chocolate chip cookies??
These are incredibly delicious! This recipe kept the cookie perfect: chewy and chocolatey! I hate when cookies get hard and are like bricks to eat, but this recipe keeps them from becoming that, if cooked correctly. I’m not a big fan of walnuts and oatmeal within cookies, but, you can barely taste them in these. The oatmeal and walnut enhances the taste and deliciousness. Recommend cookie from now on! I will definitely be making these on a more regular basis for anything.
Please post more chocolate chip recipes! They are my favorite type of cookie 🙂
I am so glad I found this. Every time I stay at Double Tree I eat a million of their cookies. These taste just like them!