Well its almost Valentine’s Day! I don’t usually post to many recipes for Valentines Day, but this one is super easy! Rice Crispy treats are great because you can make them into anything. These hearts are a super cute treat to make for your valentine this year!
I’ve made rice crispy treats for Halloween and Christmas and they always look so cute without being too time consuming or hard to make. The best part? You only need a few ingredients to make these treats!
Heart Rice Crispy Treats
- 3 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine
- 1 10oz Bag Mini Marshmallows (about 4 Cups)
- 6 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1 .In a large bowl measure out the cereal. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. (In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Microwave cooking times may vary.)
3. Pour the melted marshmallows over the rice crispy cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Butter or grease your hands. It makes the treats much easier to shape or they will stick to you. (Trust me, you just end up with a mess stuck to you.)
5. Roll the treats in to a tightly packed ball and then shape in to a heart. Careful they might still be a little hot.
6. Once all the hearts are made, melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until smooth, stirring occasionally.
7. Drizzle the chocolate over the hearts and sprinkle with pink or red sprinkles!
8. Store in an air tight container.