Im bringing out all my Muddy Buddy variations this week with this Peppermint Reindeer Chow! Just as easy and quick to make as my other Reindeer Chow recipe from the other day. No oven or stove required, just melt the chocolate in the microwave and pour on the cereal!
Tis’ the season for peppermint flavoring with both peppermint extract and crushed up candy canes this is full of peppermint flavor!
(And again, obviously, this is not safe for animals. )
Peppermint Reindeer Chow
- 6 Cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Large Freezer Bag
- 1 Cup Red & Green M&Ms
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 3 Candy Canes (Crushed)
1. In a large bowl, measure out the cereal. Set aside. Also, line a counter top (or pan) with parchment. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips. Microwave on high until melted and easy to stir. Start with one minute, if it is still not melted, microwave for 30 seconds at a time until melted and you can stir it until smooth.
3. Once melted, stir in the peppermint extract. Pour the chocolate over the cereal. Stir with a spatula until the cereal is evenly coated.
4. Pour the covered cereal into the large freezer bad. Add the powdered sugar and crushed up candy canes. Make sure the bag is closed tightly. Shake the bag until the cereal is coated in powdered sugar. Once the cereal has been coated, pour it out on to the parchment.
5. In a small microwave safe bowl (or microwave safes mug) melt the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips for 30 seconds at a time, stirring occasionally until all have been melted and the chocolate is smooth.
6. Drizzle the chocolate over the cereal. Add the M&Ms and crushed candy canes! Allow the chocolate to harden before removing from sheet. Store in an air tight container.