After the muffins that I made in last week were such a success at work, I figured I should start trying out some other non-dessert recipes for my coworkers. When I was commuting to school everyday, I would always buy granola bars to take and eat in the way since I always overslept. I had wanted to try making my own, but had just never got around to it. Well that ends now.
These are great because they can be made with a variety of ingredients depending on your taste and take less than an hour to make. And if you pre wrap them individually, they are so easy to just grab and eat on the go!
Like I mentioned, they can be made with a variety of ingredients. I hope to post a few other variations on my site later on, but for now I went with these. If you want something different, any nut butter will work instead of almond butter, you don’t have to add protein powder (just add a little bit less almond butter), you can toss in a few chocolate chips or drizzle some on top, or even stir in some dried fruit! The options really are endless with this one!
Almond Protein Bars
- 1 Cups Old Fashioned Quick Oats
- 2 Cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- 3/4 Cup Almond Butter
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
1.Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper or foil. Make sure that you have enough room in the freezer to place the pan.
2. In a large bowl, Stir together the oats and almonds so that they are evenly dispersed.
3. In a small separate bowl, stir together the almond butter, honey, cinnamon, salt, and protein powder. This can be done using a spatula or a mixer.
4. Pour the almond butter mixture over the oats and almonds. Stir until they are evenly coated.
5. Pour the mixture into the 8×8 and flatten it across the pan. You will want to press down and make sure it’s even. Using a knife, make cuts for the bars. This way they will be easier to get out later on.
6. Place the pan in the freezer for 30-45 minutes or until they have hardened, remove from the pan, cut into rectangles again if needed. Store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
These protein bars are great! I like the added crunch of the rice crispies. And they’re good for you too.. Yum!!!