Now that I am officially done with college, I will be working at my office job everyday which means that I will now have time to actually eat breakfast. There will probably be a lot more break fast recipes going forward at this point. First I wanted to try muffins. The Chocolate Walnut Muffins were such a hit and so easy. Muffins are a great thing to make because they are easy to just grab and go in the morning and helps you start off your morning right… or at least not on an empty stomach!
Originally these were just going to be plain on top, but I thought that adding a little bit of chocolate would be a nice touch! I brought most of the dozen that this recipe made into work this morning and let me just say that they went quick!
Peanut Butter and Banana Muffins
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Oats (Optional)
1.Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin pan with paper liners. If not using the paper liners, make sure to grease the pan.
2. In a small bowl mash-up the banana with a fork until there are no chunks.
3. In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, mix the ingredients together. If you would like to add chocolate chips or a few oats to the batter, go ahead. Mine were used for mostly decoration and just went on top!
4. Scoop the batter into the muffin pan filling each cup about 1/2 way. The batter might seem a little thick but that is normal! Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with oats and add a few chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 17-20 minute or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. They will also have turned a golden brown around the edges and will be firm to the touch.
6. Allow to cool on wire rack. To store, keep them in an air tight container at room temperature. Makes about 1 dozen muffins.
Those look terrific will make this weekend!
I loved these! At first I thought peanut butter muffins wasn’t sure how they would taste but these were really delicious.