Since today is St. Patrick’s Day, I had to post something green and I don’t think it gets anymore green than this. Lime cookies! These little lime cookies are soft and full of flavor. You can really taste the lime flavor in these! These cookies are perfect to keep in mind and enjoy especially in summer or spring.
A fun cookie to enjoy anytime of year, I really do love these. If you aren’t craving something chocolate these are great! You can also get a lot of cookies out of this recipe. I made mine small and ended up with about 60 cookies. Perfect if you have any parties coming up!
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 3 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Green Food Coloring (Optional)
1.Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
3. Next, add in the lemon juice, lime juice, and lime zest. Mix well. At this point, I like to add in the food coloring. I usually add three or four drops depending on how vibrant I want the color to be. For these cookies, I used an electric green color.
4. Now add the dry ingredients: the salt, baking soda and about half of the flour to start. Once that is all combined, add the remaining flour.
5. This recipe is a little bit sticky, if you want, this dough can be chilled for an hour so that it is easier to handle, but that is not necessary. Roll the dough into small balls. I made mine extra small and used less than a tablespoons worth of dough for each. They were the perfect bite sized cookies!
6. Place the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches away from each other. Bake at 325 for 13-16 minutes.
7. Once the cookies are a golden brown around the bottom, remove them from the oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling rack.