These were another type of little sandwich I made for the tea party event I was asked to help with. These sandwiches taste great and looked so cute and dainty. Of course, you don’t need to be having a tea party to have cute sandwiches, why not try these on a lazy Sunday afternoon? ?
This cream cheese spread also goes great on my Homemade Bagels or even just used as a dip for some crackers!
If you like these, be sure to check out my Mini Veggie Sandwiches as well!
Mini Cucumber Dill Sandwiches
- 16 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cucumber (Chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill (Chopped)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon White Pepper
1. In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese, white pepper, and onion powder together. If the cream cheese is too hard, let it sit out at room temperature to soften a bit.
2. I chopped or minced the cucumber and dill. The smaller the pieces are the easier it will be to spread your cream cheese on the bread.
3. Stir the cucumber and dill into the cream cheese. Set aside.
4. Cut the sliced from the loaf of bread into pieces. For these sandwiches I decided to cut each slice into strips. I could get 3 or maybe 4 strips per slice. You can use any shape, just be sure to cut the crust off!
5. Spread the cream cheese spread on one side of the cut bread shape and top with another piece of bread to make a cute little sandwich.
6. Keep the sandwiches refrigerated in an air tight container until ready to serve. At most, I would say make them a few hours before your event or the bread make become soggy. You can make the cream cheese spread the night before or the day of. If you make the spread the night before, you will want to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before you try to spread it on the bread.
I haven’t tried anything this week but I have printed them all up to try. Especially the Banana Bread, as soon as I get some whipping cream(heavy I think)