These may be the best looking cupcakes I have ever made. They may also be my favorite cupcakes that I have ever made. I love almost everything Cookies & Cream flavored. Cupcakes are no exception. Back over the summer when I went to London, I had lots of dessert and sweets… and bread. While there I had this delicious Oreo Cupcake that I could not wait to try to recreate. Well I finally did it, and here is the recipe!
Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
- 1 Cup Crushed Oreos
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 24 Oreos
- 1 Can Vanilla Frosting
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Finely Crushed Oreos
1. Pre Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Place half of an Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake liner. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter. Add the vanilla, eggs, milk and sugar.
3. Add the flour, salt and baking powder gradually into the large bowl, mix well as you go. Scrapping the sides of the bowl occasionally.
4. Beat at medium speed for 3 minutes. After it has been well beat, stir in the crushed Oreo pieces. You don’t want to spend too much time mixing them in because the more you do the darker the batter will become.
5. Pour the batter into the cupcake pan. Fill each cup about 1/2 of the way full.
6. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and comes out clean. They will also start to look golden brown around the edges. It might be hard to tell from that though depending on how dark your batter is. My first batch was light in color (I tried to use photos of those ones) but the longer the batter sat on the counter between batches, the darker it got.
7. Remove from pan and allow the cupcakes to cool on a wire cooling rack.
8. Once the cupcakes have cooled, it’s time to frost! In a medium bowl, mix the frosting and powdered sugar together. Scoop the frosting into a piping bag and frost your cupcakes. Sprinkle with the finely chopped Oreo pieces. This recipe yields about 30 cupcakes.