Peppermint bark is such a classic treat for this time of year. Every year during this holiday season, my family always buys or is given so much of it. This year I decided to give it a try. I don’t think I have ever posted a recipe as easy as this one. With just a few ingredients, it takes almost no time to make but you do have to wait for it to harden). When ever I start making candy, I always forget to take step by step pictures, luckily this recipe is pretty easy to follow so you aren’t missing much!
- 2 Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 Cups White Chocolate Chips
- 1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- 5 Candy Canes (Crushed)
1. Line a 9×13 pan with foil. Set aside.
2. Melt the semi sweet chocolate chips in a sauce pan over medium heat or in the microwave. You will need to stir the pan constantly if using the stove method so the chocolate does not burn. Likewise, in the microwave, you will need to stir the chocolate every couple of minutes.
3. Stir in 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
4. Pour the chocolate in to the 9×13 pan and spread evenly with a spatula.
5. Melt the white chocolate chips using either the stove method or in the microwave. (You can stir in an additional teaspoon of peppermint extract if you want it to be extra pepperminty!)
6. Pour the melted white chocolate on to the semi sweet chocolate in the pan and spread evenly. Some of the chocolate may mix and it will give it a swirly look.
7. Sprinkle the crushed up candy cane evenly on top of the chocolate.
8. Refrigerate the bark until it has hardened. Usually a couple of hours is fine or you can just leave it overnight.
9. Break bark into pieces. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.