Who doesn’t love a good gingerbread cookie around the holidays? These soft cookies have crips edges and a soft center and are perfect for Christmas or around Halloween. Gingerbread cookies are full of flavor and spice which makes them so delicious!
Gingerbread Cookie Cutouts
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Can of Frosting
- Decorating Candies
1. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add in the egg and beat well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the mixer. Mix until combined.
3. Divide the dough in half. Wrap the halves in plastic wrap and chill for at least one hour.
4. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. You will need to let the dough warm up a little so that it can be easily rolled out. While the dough warms back up, Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
5. Using half the dough, roll out on lightly floured surface about 1/4 inch thick. It is best to lightly flour the rolling pin as well. Cut out the dough using cookie cutters. These are great for any holiday, not just Christmas!
6. Bake the cutouts on an un-greased cookie sheet 7-9 minutes at 375 degrees allow to cool for 2 mins on cookie sheet before moving them to a wire rack. If you are using red cinnamon dots to decorate, you can put them on the cookies before placing them in the oven. That way they melt slightly and won’t fall off later!
7. Once the cookies have cooled completely, decorate as desired.
Make sure to bookmark this recipe for the upcoming holiday season!