Well its October which means just about everything is pumpkin flavored! After spending the weekend pureeing a pumpkin and making these cute pumpkin dog treats, I decided to make some pumpkin cookies! These pumpkin cookies are an easy pumpkin treat that is perfect for fall. Thick and cakey cookies with white chocolate to give them a rich sweetness.
- 1 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Allspice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and spices. Stir well and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugars in a large mixing bowl. Add in vanilla.
4. Add in eggs one at a time, beat well between each addition.
5. Gradually add in the dry ingredients until all ingredients are combined. Stir in the White Chocolate Chips
6. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto an un-greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bottoms of cookies have become lightly browned. The cookies will be firm to the touch.
8. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet 1-2 minutes before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire cookie sheet.