Easier to make than you’re probably thinking, these brownies use a box mix at its base but I have built on them from there. Gooey Chocolate brownies with a creamy cheesecake swirled throughout and just a hint of whiskey!
These are a great dessert to bring to a friendly gathering and can easily be whipped up the same day! Enjoy!
Whiskey Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 13×9 Brownie Mix
- 1/4 Cup Whiskey
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1 (8oz.) Package Cream Cheese
- 1/3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1.Prepare a 9×13 pan by lining it with foil and lightly greasing it. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Make the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. When following the directions, replace the amount of water that it calls for with the whiskey. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Pour the brownie batter in to the 9×13 pan and smooth it out so that it fills the bottom.
4. In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy add in the sugar, vanilla and egg. Once mixed well, drop by the spoonful on to the brownie batter.
5. Using a knife, swirl the cheesecake topping into the brownie batter for a marble look. You don’t want to overwork it or the cheesecake won’t still look white.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes (compare this to the time required by the box mix) The top of the brownie will crack and the cheesecake should feel spongy to the touch.